Tuesday 29 March 2016

FROM BIRMINGHAM TO SAO PAULO WITH LOVE! BRUM SPIRIT x SOME CITIES x CAOS ARTES x HOAKSER

 Last week I painted this piece for our friends in Brazil to be shown at CaosArte festival in Sao Paulo at the end of the month. With this years Brum Spirit festival around the corner, CaosArte and Brum Spirit have teamed up to exchange cultural coolness and we decided to incorporate our city's skyline as a backdrop for the word SAO PAULO. In response, an artist from Sao Paulo will be doing something similar with the word Birmingham appearing somewhere in the city..How cool is that!!

Painted in just over 2 hours from start to finish,this piece was freestyled as darkness fell over Digbeth.. Despite painting this spot in the daytime before, the land has recently been bought and just after I blacked out the boards a car park security guy asked that I stopped as "graffiti is no longer tolerated here"..After he left and went home later that evening, what we set out to do was achieved and this is the end result.. To document the process I made a short video of this piece coming together which is now up on my YouTube channel.. The following day Some Cities went and took some really nice shots ( better than my one above) to capture the piece in it's surroundings to be shown at the festival with my video.. Big thanks to Brum Spirit for getting me involved and biggupps to all our friends in Brazil..Hope you like it and enjoy the festival..





No comments:

Post a Comment